Re: Gnome 3 is not ready for netbooks

On 2011-07-15 at 09:56, Allan E. Registos wrote:
> I really do not think you should expect all users to just file bugs.

I don't expect all users to file bugs. if past history is of any
significance, I don't expect more than a quarter of the users to file
any bugs.

I do expect users that find this mailing list, subscribe to it,
acknowlegde the subscribption to it, and send an email to it, to also be
able to do the same to file bugs on the *correct* venue for this - i.e.
Gnome's Bugzilla.

> I remember I have a problem with this in Evolution email with a
> 1366x768 monitor, in order to see the close button, I need to hide
> the bottom panel.

I am painfully aware of the shortcomings of Gnome applications with
regards to netbooks and their abysmal resolutions.

this, though, has nothing to do with the shell; the shell cannot modify
the applications.

this mailing list[0] is the development mailing list of gnome-shell.
it's not the list for Gnome 3, nor it's the mailing list for the control
center, evolution, nautilus or whatever other part of Gnome.

please: if you find bugs for any project in Gnome, file them in the Gnome
Bugzilla; sending random emails to random mailing list is never going to
work, because project maintainers do not follow every single mailing
list in the Gnome project[1].

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

[0] or, at least, it *should* be, if the signal-to-noise ratio of this
  list hadn't been shot to hell in a basket by all the people sending
  random emails about random stuff, along with pointless rants.

[1] if they did they wouldn't be able to work on the projects they
  maintain.