Re: GNOME and ANDROID

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 16:53 +0200, Daniele Guerrieri wrote:
> > The implied statement is that GNOME 3 is not "fully functional".  This
> > implication is FALSE;  I can manage everything in GNOME 3 that I managed
> > in GNOME 2.  GNOME 3 is not a stripped-down tablet interface; it is a
> > powerful *streamlined* desktop.
> I didn't say that it is stripped-down! nor i want to offend anyone, i
> know that GNOME project requires

Seems implied by being cast as logically not "fully functional" [your
words].

> a lot of time and work and i  appreciate that someone gives his time
> to the world.
> > If you have a legitimate [aka "specific"] issue with using GNOME 3
> > please state it clearly [and specifically].
> I'm trying to say that it is not customizable; i know there are
> extensions,  but i have
> no time to learn to write also extensions

Numerous extensions are already available;  I can pull at least a dozen
via the openSUSE repos.  You probably don't need to write one.  This is
*no different* than customization on GNOME 2 - someone else implemented
the customization option and the user just utilized it.  A bunch of crap
was *bundled* with GNOME2, which is the only difference [and
distributions can still choose to do that].