Re: How portable is the Jhbuild of Gnome-shell?

To avoid any problem it's advisable to install gnome-shell under /opt
I build gnome shell on one computer and I rsync /opt/gnome-shell to my other computers (that have the same architecture). It works perfectly.

-Cyril

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 10:52 +0100, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
Le lundi 10 janvier 2011 à 10:45 +0100, Onyeibo Oku a écrit :
> I'm thinking of trying Gnome-shell on a different system from the one
> that built it.  Is this possible?  Which files do I need to copy?
You can simply copy ~/gnome-shell/install/, but the two systems must
use:
- the same distribution and release (well, could work without, but...)
- the same CPU architecture (most likely 32 vs. 64 bits)

But you can just try and see what happens, it won't burn your computer!

Regards