Somes personal opinions, ideas and questions

Hello everybody and happy new year.

Recently I have seen and tested the new Gnome Shell.

Woaw, it's very better than the old. O_o Really good job. It fixes many
problems from the old. I also rediscover somes good features. I
specially like the idea to separate system notifications (on the top
right) and applications notifications (on the buttom).

A little question: Is it planned to can move the time indocator from the
middle to the right on settings? Because now, a little and single black
bar on the top with system notification on right and time on the middle
reminder the iPad Shell. :(

The new gnome-ghell is amazing but, however, the old Gnome-Shell was
better to manage workspaces. The new it's better if you have only-one
workspace or if you stay on one workspace, but if you want to manage
some workspaces, move window from one workspace to another or have an
overall view of all your winodows and workspace the old Gnome-Shell was
better.

For this, I have a little idea: In the "windows" section, in the new
Gnome-Shell[1], we can have 2 zoom levels. On the level 0 we see all
windows opened on the current workspace like now and on the level 1 we
see all warkspaces and all windows opened on each workspeace like on the
old Gnome-Shell. If you are on level 0 and have many workspaces, you can
switch to workspace what you want, like now, but can't create or delete
workspace. For this, you must to go to the level 1 and now you can
create or delete workspace and decide if you organise they like a line
or like a square. What do you think?

The manner to select window with the mouse (the section "windows" on
"activities") is very good for beginners or if you don't know who is the
window you search. But if you are a regular user and you know which
window you want it becomes borring. :( The Alt+Tab could be the hero for
this situation, but it's longer than the "list of windows" on
Gnome-Panels. And it need a kayboard (unsuitable to Tablet PC).

I realy think Gnome Shell must have a solution to switch quickly between
windows with mouse or finger like a simply list of windows.

We can't make a mix with the notifiactions system (the notifications
system on the bottom, not on the top)? Add a simple lsit of windows on
the bottom?

After 5 minutes of the test, I don't see a "Shortcuts" section like in
old Gnome-Shell or in Gnome-Panels. It was killed or it's planned to add
this on a section (like for windows and applications)?

To finish this mail, I dont understand the logic to put system settings
and system shutdow behind the user name (on the right of the top panel).
I think this user name must manage only what is relevant to the user,
like the "presence" (available, away, etc), change user, deconnect user,
etc and system (settings, shutdown and info) need his own button. (icon
and/or text (The Gnome logo?)).

What do you think?

This is just some personal thinking and not an attack to the project, so
don't ignor it.

[1](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/GNOME_Shell.png/750px-GNOME_Shell.png)

--
Gendre Sebastien <korbe romandie com>