Re: Workspaces, applications, tasks and gnome-shell

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 23:06 +0100, Filip Štědronský wrote:
> As long as Alt+Tab does anything but to switch windows _on the current
> workspace_, the Shell remains unusable.

I wouldn't go as far as unusable, but close to it for sure. I don't like
it at all.

More generally, I completely agree with your post. My workspaces are
organised exactly as you describe: semantically. So, I have a "work"
workspace, where I'm connected to my other desktop "at work". I have a
communications workspace, where I have e-mail and where I usually do IM.
I have my browsing workspace. And I have my sysadmin/development
workspace. Similarly, my "at work" desktop is organised semantically as
well. In fact, if I receive a request for a new project, I'm more then
likely to put all the required windows for the tasks related to it on
one workspace.

And, as you say, if someone doesn't know/like workspaces, they don't
even have to have more then one. And this could be the default anyway.

--
Bojan