Re: Gnome-Shell - questions and opinions

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Bojan Smojver <bojan rexursive com> wrote:

So, extending this metaphor to the desktop is a no-brainer. Give users
credit - vast majority of them already to this stuff every day.

I was sitting in a restaurant and overheard two middle aged women somewhere in their early 50s talking about their phones down to what kind of cpu they have, to all the features, the switching of home screen it was quite interesting and amusing since non-techie folks are now doing what a lot of us with tech backgrounds have been doing  for quite some time.

If something is compelling they will learn everything about it.  Apple does a pretty good job with this.  If the product is compelling people will figure it out.

BTW - this season I've seen two blockbuster movies all with Linux in it.  I'm amused that they were used for their techie look.  The movies was "Social Networking" and "Tron".  More movies please, it makes hyping this stuff easier.

sri