Re: File Search in Overview

On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 18:28 +0000, Patrick Michael Niedzielski wrote:
> File search is a must before the release.  If this patch could be
> reviewed before the feature-freeze (unless that has already happened),
> GNOME Shell would be far better off.

It won't be reviewed before feature-freeze, as we are past UI freeze
already (which means that it won't make it into 3.0, even if reviewed
today). So for now there will only the existing file search based on
GtkRecent(*).

Florian

(*) Due to a change in GTK+ with regard to the handling of recent files,
only files from applications using GTK+-3 or GTK+-2 > 2.24 will show up
in GNOME Shell - neither is shipped with current stable distributions,
but the situation will obviously be different when GNOME 3 is shipped by
distributions