Re: Window controls for GNOME 3

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net> wrote:
> Funny how we both use workspaces the same way, and both do essentially the same task, but have exactly different uses of the minimize button.

That is odd, isn't it! Whenever I want to hide something I always
think in terms of putting something in front of it, either the big
gedit window or a new tab.

> I think my values simply come from always having enjoyed and liked the spatially-oriented desktop. I was very sad when two events happened in GNOME:
>
> 1) Nautilus switched away from spatial-by-default
> 2) Nautilus stopped supporting "homedir as desktop"
>
> I thought those were both fantastic ways to go, but it explains why I like to be able to manipulate the clutter on my desktop rather than simplify it into more group/task-oriented windows.

Ah yeah, I remember being excited about the idea of the spatial
nautilus before it came out, but not actually liking it in practise,
but I can't remember why.

> PS: Love the photography.

Thanks! It's something I'm passionate about.

--
http://exolucere.ca