Re: Window controls for GNOME 3

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net> wrote:
On 25/02/11 01:46 PM, Robert Park wrote:
Agreed. I'm all for experimenting with new ideas, but the close button
MUST stay. Minimize I never use except by accident so I am happy to
see it go. Maximize I do use, but I'm happy with things like double
clicking the titlebar, if it means less clutter on the titlebar, but
every app and every window needs an easy and immediate method to close
it, and there can't possibly be anything better than the existing
close button.

I could say exactly the same about the minimize button, that there needs to be a way to quickly make a window get out of my sight.

On the balance of things, I use minimize more than close, by a long shot.

So out of curiosity, what sort of  tasks do both you and Robert do if you don't mind me being nosy?

sri