Re: Gnome Shell

On 1 February 2011 14:00, Calum Benson <calum benson oracle com> wrote:
> "Flicking the pointer" is easy enough to do with a real mouse, but isn't a gesture that works very well with touchpads, which I'd guess a lot of our users will be using most of the time. When I try to flick the pointer with my touchpad, it just stops halfway :)

This is quite true but something that the users can tweak with the
touchpad acceleration slider in the control panel.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I remember a blog post[1] talking
about absolute touchpad menu activation. That would be cool to have,
even if just for the hot corner case. Like, if the user leaves his
finger on the touchpad's corner for more that a (little) time, the
overview is triggered. Don't know if that's actually doable with
current X infrastructure though.

> From a brief experiment, if my pointer's in the middle of the screen, it takes me two (on my laptopt screen), sometimes three (on my external monitor) separate finger movements to hit the corner...

But, isn't it the same effort as to reach the bottom of the screen in
Gnome 2's default panel configuration?

Rui

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/seth/2010/02/26/let-the-wild-rumpus-begin/
- what happened to Seth btw?