Re: small screens and large config dialogs

On 10/12/11 12:50, Florian Müllner wrote:
> On sáb, 2011-12-10 at 00:31 +0100, Bjoern Schiessle wrote:
>> On GNOME2 I could use alt+left-mouse-button to move the configuration
>> dialog up but this doesn't work for GNOME3 where the dialog is attached
>> to the main window.
>
> Alt+left-button still works with attached modal dialogs, e.g. it will
> move both the dialog and its parent.

But I can move the modal dialog only within the borders of the screen.
If the dialog is to large I have to move it beyond the top border of the
screen to reach the options/buttons at the bottom. This doesn't work
with the attached modal dialogs. So for now I will use the workaround
proposed by Marcel to adjust my settings (disable attached modal
dialogs). But of course this is just a workaround. In the long run there
should be a better solution to handle large modal dialogs, maybe just
shrink the dialog to the max screen size and add a slider to reach all
options/buttons.

cheers,
Björn

--