encrypted home directory and GNOME Shell

Hi,

I hope this is the right mailing list for my question. If I'm on the
wrong list please point me to the right one.

I have an encrypted home partition which gets decrypted and mounted
during the boot process. GNOME Shell shows this home partition as a
removable device in the system notification area and offers me the
option to umount it. That's quite annoying because it clutters the
notification area. I think such a directory shouldn't be detected as an
removable device. Is it possible to tell the Shell to ignore the mounted
home directory?

Thanks
Björn

--