Re: Gnome 3 desktop issues

Hi,

There was this other thread which I decided not not to reply to since, well, it wouldn't really help anyone. But this seems to have turned into a friendly constructive conversation, hat off for Tassilo, so I'll throw in some thoughts.

This person asked if anything was going to be done to stop the message tray from obscuring the arrow at the bottom of the scrollbar of a window. He was then linked to bugreport in which one could read that the the solution, as it stood right now, was to remove the arrows.

I'm not entirely sure that this change is being done because the arrow button commonly gets obscured by the tray. More likely it's because someone else is also doing this change. But it really didn't really solve the problem of the mailer, just made it worse.

Some other commonly commented changes are those that are solutions to problems that don't exist on a desktop or a laptop, but do on a touch-device. An example would be the removal of the minimize and maximize window buttons. For these I don't think it would be a bad idea to have two different settings for tablets and normal computers.

There is a lot of noise around Gnome Shell because it's very different to anything else out there. And there's no reason to think that the developers would listen to someone telling them that they got the whole thing wrong. But on the small details listening to feedback may be a good idea.

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion