Re: Gnome 3 desktop issues

Hi,

Quite a few people have mentioned the same thing on this mailing list,
including myself.  You'll get told:
1) to keep trying till you change your mind
2) that if you don't change your mind it's because you're old
3) that other people's grandmothers, who know no better anyhow, are
able to use it
4) if you don't like something you can always make a hotkey to do it

Essentially if you don't like it then it's apparently your fault.

I have stopped trying to use reason because this is about people on
some mission and they aren't listening.

What you can do is to support the people who are listening.

http://www.linuxmint.com

This is a respin of Ubuntu with the MATE DE which is basically GNOME2
forked.  It also has a modified GNOME3 which is almost usable.

I have just switched and I'm happy with it.

Regards,

Tim