Re: Gnome 3 desktop issues

On 9 December 2011 18:29, David Collins <davidcollins4481 gmail com> wrote:
> I don't think:
>>Essentially if you don't like it then it's apparently your fault.
> is a fair thing to say. It's different and it's new. You CAN move to
> something else if you don't like it.

This, to put it very politely, is manure.

It has been a huge struggle to find an alternative that's sustainable
- in other words something that works and that's getting updates.  I
am insulted that anyone should suggest that it was a mere nothing but
that's par for the smug course here.

> But change cannot be held up because
> some people are unwilling to alter their workflow. I don't speak for GNOME
> in any official way. Just a commenter. And I'm not trying to be
> disrespectful. GNOME 3 is still maturing and I love it.

If I make a change you don't like and make it extremely difficult for
you to escape it and I call it "progress" you'll be upset.   I could
do any old crap and describe it as being new.

Regards,

Tim