Re: Please provide more configurability for workspace

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Josh Leverette <coder543 gmail com> wrote:
not to jump in, but if it isn't ready for the corporate market, then why is gnome 2 no longer supported? Seems a bit rash to me then... I personally think it is ready, but you must have that mindset as well.

It's not ready because we aren't done yet.  There are still plenty of things that we are still designing including web, music and so forth.  I wouldn't want to give start corporate users on something that is going to be changing from release to release.  It would drive them nuts.

If you're a corporate business, and you have a support contract then presumably GNOME 2 will be supported for them until they are ready to upgrade to something else.  Besides GNOME 2 is already quite stable, maybe you don't get new features, but if you've noticed our last couple of releases didn't have a lot of new stuff, only polishing things up.

I don't know of any business that would want to support to something that has only had two releases in it's life time.

I personally use it at work and thanks to a strong internal community we have integrated a lot of features into our corporate network (which is heavily win32).

sri