Re: Please provide more configurability for workspace

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 05:50 -0700, Gantry York wrote:
> Does this extension allow me to move the workspace manager to a
> different location on the screen and give each workspace a name?
> ....like we could in GNOME2.

No clue.  I haven't tried it.  I don't see the point to static
workspaces.

> Installing an extension is not configuration.

Sure it is.

And people install extensions / applications on their tablets, droids,
and ipads every day.  This is a concept people are very familiar with.

>  "Install/write an
> extension" seems to be a common mantra among the GNOME3 developers.

Of course.  It is the means provided to customize the behavior of GNOME
shell.