Re: Disliking gnome 3

Am 30.08.2011 20:45, schrieb Ben Greear:
I couldn't find a better place to voice my displeasure of Gnome 3,
so I'm posting here.

I really just want gnome-2 back.  Fallback mode sort of works, but its
still not as good as gnome 2 was.  I do work on my computer, not just
open one or two windows and browse the web.  I want one-click to open
new Terminals.  I want to drag the Terminal icon into the top task bar
to accomplish that.  Right-click should work without having to press
Alt. I want the bottom task dock or whatever it's called so I can easily select
from the multitude of windows I have on my desktop.

Please have a one-click (or very few clicks) option to get the old
gnome-2 interface back.  If you want to have a new way of doing things,
that's fine too, but please don't break the old ways of doing things
so badly.

I'm downgrading to Fedora 14 for now..hope things clear up by
F16 or F17.

Thanks,
Ben

I had removed the use of the traditional gnome panels in my Gnome2 setup. So Gnome3 is on the right track in my personal opinion.

I like the idea of javascript based plugins like in Firefox. I think that could become the killer feature of Gnome3. Of course Gnome3 is far from ready now. But is has a lot of potential. Potential discoverable by the user.

Ralph