Re: Disliking gnome 3

On 08/30/2011 02:37 PM, John Stowers wrote:
On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 14:24 -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
On 08/30/2011 02:04 PM, John Stowers wrote:
On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 11:45 -0700, Ben Greear wrote:

I want the bottom task dock or whatever it's called so I can easily select
from the multitude of windows I have on my desktop.

Try alternate alt-tab or adjust your workflow slightly.

Please do not suggest I change my work-flow...I find it making
me want to scream that someone thinks they know how I should be
work flowing.

Sure, then please don't suggest people using G3 don't do 'real work'.

Ok, that was un-called for on my part.  But, I feel that *I*
can't do real work on G3, at least not as well as I do on G2.

Im not telling how you should be working. Im joining dots. Some
workflows are demonstrably more productive in G3 than others. Some

Out of curiosity, are there any links to this?  I'm curious to see
how folks actually use the new features productively.

workflows in tiling window managers are better than others. Some ways of
driving an automatic are better than how one used to drive a manual.

Maybe that's my problem..I drive a manual, and actually like it :)

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb candelatech com>