Re: Disliking gnome 3

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 11:45 -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> I couldn't find a better place to voice my displeasure of Gnome 3,
> so I'm posting here.
> I really just want gnome-2 back.  Fallback mode sort of works, but its
> still not as good as gnome 2 was.  I do work on my computer, not just
> open one or two windows and browse the web.

Me too; dozens of windows, multiple workspaces... GNOME 3 works great!

>  I want one-click to open new Terminals.

Use the key-binding; even faster.  Or just Alt-F2 to run a command
directly.

>   I want to drag the Terminal icon into the top task bar
> to accomplish that.

Shortcuts are dead, thank heavens.

>  Right-click should work without having to press Alt.

No idea what this means.

>   I want the bottom task dock or whatever it's called so I can easily select
> from the multitude of windows I have on my desktop.

Nope.  Gone and good riddance.  Really, seriously, the task dock is
worthless.  Go awhile without it and you wonder why you ever wanted it.