Proposal - Shell Tooltips

Hello,

After using Shell for more than a year, I realized recently that I don't know basic shortcuts that are very helpful, like middle click on the dash.
That brought on my mind the need of a typical tooltip service that just displays a bubbled message somewhere on the screen for 4-5 secs and then is gone.
My original idea was to build an extension for it, that will display tips in 3 categories

I.  Shortcuts (eg Ctrl+Enter on Alt+F2)
II. Tweaking (eg available extensions from extensions.gnome.org)
III. More Gnome Tips (eg Tabs or Nautilus)

However maybe this should be placed on shell core and be turned off/on through System Settings?
Unfortunelly I cannot patch the shell as I don't know how to  :(

On the other side making an extension for it has 2 issues

I. Has to be easily discoverable by the users. The user that will find and install an extension from a random blog most probably he wouldn't have the need for a tooltip service :)
II. As far as I know you can't make a globalization on extensions.

What do you thing?

- alex