Re: Experience feedback

Am 19.08.2011 16:28, schrieb Federico Mena Quintero:
On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 22:07 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:47:26PM +0200, Rovanion Luckey wrote:
"It" already works, there is no dark magic behind having a visible Power Off
button. The Gnome Shell UI however seems to wish it could communicate that
the user has to press down Alt before the Power Off button becomes visible
via magic.

This was already explained, I am not going to repeat.

This needs to go in the FAQ, with a pointer to the rationale behind the
decision.  Would you mind adding it?

As far as I can tell, this is not answered in either of these:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/FAQ
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/FAQ

And this page says *what* happens (and how to access the "power off"
option), but not *why*:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/SystemStopRestart

In the Comments section of that page, Sri and others ask the same
question, but it is not answered there yet.

If such a rationale is added, I would be especially interested in how the environmental concerns are adressed - given that for situations such as turning a computer off over night, suspending takes much more power in the long term.

Regards,
Denis