Re: Experience feedback

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 22:07 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:47:26PM +0200, Rovanion Luckey wrote:
> > "It" already works, there is no dark magic behind having a visible Power Off
> > button. The Gnome Shell UI however seems to wish it could communicate that
> > the user has to press down Alt before the Power Off button becomes visible
> > via magic.
>
> This was already explained, I am not going to repeat.

This needs to go in the FAQ, with a pointer to the rationale behind the
decision.  Would you mind adding it?

As far as I can tell, this is not answered in either of these:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/FAQ
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/FAQ

And this page says *what* happens (and how to access the "power off"
option), but not *why*:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/SystemStopRestart

In the Comments section of that page, Sri and others ask the same
question, but it is not answered there yet.

  Federico