Re: Experience feedback

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:17:46PM +0200, Wouter De Borger wrote:
> Third: I hate the way you paternalize me. I acknowledge the fact that you
> are infinitely superior to me as UI designers. Really, I suck, you rule. But

?!?

It is not about individual people, just trying to determine what is best
for most. This was explained by a designer at the Desktop Summit. First
make it work for most, then try and figure out how to make it work for
the rest + "long tail".

> you should acknowledge that I know my particular situation much better than
> you will ever do. So I get angry  when I read things like "But specifically
> for shutdown we do think that suspend should be encouraged. It is the
> easiest way to use your system.". I assure you, to me, it is NOT. If I want

Encouraged is something different than making things impossible. It is
still possible to do something else. But if you have loads and loads of
users, determining what is good for most is difficult.

It is just the first release, give it a bit of time.
--
Regards,
Olav