Re: The path of least blame

On 4 August 2011 19:59, Julien Olivier <julo42 gmail com> wrote:
> Well, why not make everyone happy: if you press the terminal icon while
> a terminal is already running on the same workspace, the existing
> instance(s) should be brought to front. If you click on the terminal
> icon again (because you *really* do want a new window to open), then it
> should open a new terminal window. Wouldn't it make everyone happy?

When you first press the icon the overview disappears and the focus
returns to the terminal window, so you're proposing that to start a
new terminal I go the overview, press terminal, go back to the
overview, press terminal again.  Apart from the repetitive nature of
this when we already have ways of launching a new instance
(control-click or right-click) how is the shell meant to distinguish
between "I want a new instance" and "take me to a previous instance"?

Ross