Re: The path of least blame

> Case in point: assume an instance of terminal is already open and the
> user has forgotten about it. Also, assume that clicking the terminal
> icon always opens a new instance. Now when the user clicks the
> terminal icon and a new window pops up, she might see the old instance
> and go, "oops! I totally forgot I had a terminal already open. silly
> me!". Furthermore, users that wanted to start a new instance get the
> expected result. This way, Gnome doesn't get the blame.

Well, why not make everyone happy: if you press the terminal icon while
a terminal is already running on the same workspace, the existing
instance(s) should be brought to front. If you click on the terminal
icon again (because you *really* do want a new window to open), then it
should open a new terminal window. Wouldn't it make everyone happy?

I shall add that I would also start a new terminal window if the
existing terminal windows are located on other workspaces, but that's
another debate...