Re: Feedback

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

====== Switching Applications ======

Before actually testing Gnome Shell in "production use" with many open windows, I had imagined that switching applications in the expose view would work a bit faster and more efficient. With many windows I often find myself spending time on searching for the right one, as their minified versions look very similar.

I think in the expose view, each application's icon should be shown in the minified window. This way finding the right window would be easier.

Also for my feeling, the animation when opening and leaving the activities view takes a bit too much time.

You can use the dash to switch between running applications too! I'm not sure why, but most people don't discover this...

I think it is because one can't really differentiate a running app and one that is just a launcher.  I think on the Mac, there is some indication that it is a running app, by a dot or something.  I have to look at OSX really.  So if you were to enhance the icon saying that it is running that would be a good step towards getting people to use it more.

If there is no bug on it, I'll file one.

sri