Re: "Gubuntu" - Long term perspective for Ubuntu with Gnome?

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Mark Curtis <merkinman hotmail com> wrote:
> Are some/most of those the same in Unity though?
>
> I guess I'm just wondering how much tweaking one can do to GNOME before it's
> no longer GNOME

There isn't a hard line.  In some sense it is an existential question:
at what point does something lose or change its identity?  When do you
stop being you?

But some things are pretty clear.  You are a different you as soon as
you: fundamentally change the way you act, dramatically change your
appearance as to be unrecognizable, change the way you interact with
others, alter your substance, alter your building blocks or DNA.

In many cases any one of these is enough but when all of them apply
you have a pretty clear cut case.  Unity and GNOME have distinct
identities.  Even if one donated a kidney to the other.

Jon