Re: Thumbs up!

2011/4/29 Allan E. Registos <allan registos smpc steniel com ph>:
> All these animations stuff are under the assumption that Nvidia and AMD will
> going to support Linux in the ages to come, if they do, GNOME Shell is in
> good track. I have no faith in Open Source 3D capable drivers, if they do,
> they are light-years behind.

AFAICT the Shell does not need a top notch 3D card and binary drivers.
For instance, I can run it comfortably on a couple laptops I have at
home: one is about 3 years old with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 130 (G86),
the other is a 5 years old Centrino with an ATI Radeon 9700 (r300).

Both are running with the open source drivers available in Fedora 15.

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu