Re: Thumbs up!

Sorry to be offtopic.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 03:56 -0400, Diego Fernandez wrote:
>> If you've kept up at all with this mailing list, you'll come to
>> realize that the developers have a reason (which they believe to be
>> absolutely right) for every single change.  Nobody's opinion is going
>> to change those decisions as they are pretty much dead set on them.
>
> This is flamebait. Decisions and designs can be and have been changed
> all the way through the process. Lately a lot of times the discussion
> has been punted to 3.2 because 3.0 is frozen, which isn't the same thing
> at all: it's a release process thing (and an entirely sane one), nothing
> to do with being convinced the decision is irreversibly perfect. You
> don't make major changes after code freeze.

Alright I might have been a bit harsh, but I have seen many points
argued with very solid evidence and even a proposal of how to fix
them; however, I have not seen a single one accepted on the list.
Maybe you have to keep up with more than just the mailing list to
figure out what ideas get adopted and which don't, so I could be
wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I have good wishes for the Gnome project.  I tried
to make some suggestions and ask for certain functionality a while
back but never even got a reply.  I just don't have the time and
energy to be running around trying to figure out where it is I need to
make suggestions, who I need to talk to, or what I need to do to try
to get the usability I'd like.  Since I'm not at the level of
developing extensions or patches, I'm stuck just waiting to see what
happens... Until then I'll just follow this list and stick with other
WMs which give me more control over how I use my desktop.  That's what
Linux is all about anyway, freedom and choice.

Sorry for the disruption of the thread, and best wishes to all.

--
Diego Fernandez - 爱国