Is there a way to open a folder just with the mouse?

Hi,

In the old Gnome2, I was able to open my bookmarks with just one mouse click through the panel's Places menu. The Shell makes it easy too, but not so easy because you have to use a combination of keyboard (in order to enter a search term) and mouse (in order to select the right result if there is a high number of them).

I know this is just the first iteration of the Shell, and I would like to know if there are plans to implement an easier way to open favourite folders. Yesterday I was teaching the Shell workflow to a friend who was interested in replacing his Windows install with a Fedora one, and that was the one question I was unable to answer.

Thanks,

David.