Re: solution for notifications

On Monday, 25 April, 2011 01:36 PM, Koppányi Tamás wrote:
that looks good, but still doesn't solve what i mean. this alt+tab or dash also requires a button to be pressed in order to be visible. in that case, it's just easier to press the activities button and see everything at once.
my point was that there should be some reminder, which is visible always, even when you're not switching between windows, or not in activities.

It is planned that application icons (in alt-tab and in the dash) will
show a number indicating pending notifications.

See for example the Evolution icon in
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell-design/plain/mockups/static/app-switcher.png

Giovanni

I agree, from the OP's requirement, that example in Evolution hardly can be called a notification.
Some info on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notification