Re: solution for notifications

if there would be a chance to make something always visible, i'd more likely go for the dock on the left side f the screen, but then again, this would make gnome-shell just like any other shell that came out recently (incl. unity). i think it would also be a good solution to make a hover icon of the notification bar visible in the bottom right corner.