Re: session saving in GNOME Shell

Le samedi 23 avril 2011 à 07:13 -0400, Andre Robatino a écrit :
> On 04/23/2011 06:40 AM, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> > I don't think the Shell does anything special. The problem is probably
> > that fallback-mode components like Metacity or gnome-panel are restored
> > with the saved session, and this doesn't interact well with the Shell.
> > But normal apps are restored just as before.
>
> But I never used fallback - this was a live session where I logged in
> for the first time with GNOME Shell, enabled session saving, logged out
> and back in. See the bug reports for how to reproduce.
Sorry, from the GNOME bug report I thought the saved session was from
GNOME 2.32 (i.e. before upgrade), and the bug occurred the first time
you try to log in after upgrade. From the Fedora report and what you now
say, it seems this can happen merely when saving a pure GNOME Shell
session. It could be worth making it clearer on the GNOME report too.

Regards