Re: session saving in GNOME Shell

On 04/23/2011 06:40 AM, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> Le vendredi 22 avril 2011 à 13:19 -0400, Andre Robatino a écrit :
>> What is the status of session saving in GNOME Shell? Is it supported, or
>> expected to be? Currently, it appears to be unusable.
> I don't think the Shell does anything special. The problem is probably
> that fallback-mode components like Metacity or gnome-panel are restored
> with the saved session, and this doesn't interact well with the Shell.
> But normal apps are restored just as before.

But I never used fallback - this was a live session where I logged in
for the first time with GNOME Shell, enabled session saving, logged out
and back in. See the bug reports for how to reproduce. (But if you try
it on an installed system, make sure you know how to recover first,
since the GUI may be unusable and you wouldn't be able to use the
computer to get this information, except with a text browser in a VT.)

> Anyway, I expect developers will answer you on the bug report next week.
> This kind of issue has already been dealt with recently.

I hope so - this seems like pretty basic functionality.