Re: Messaging Balance with Empathy

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 09:41 +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:

> I doubt somebody would want to duplicate xchat-gnome but it seems that
> it can be integrated, take a look at marina's screenshot:
> http://blogs.gnome.org/marina/2011/04/06/everyone-is-talking-about-gnome-3/

Yeah, I saw that and it mightily confused me. I think she's actually
using vanilla xchat, not xchat-gnome, which suggests xchat has better
GNOME 3 integration than xchat-gnome, which seems...odd :) Notice her
reference to 'Settings->Preferences->Chatting->Alerts' in a comment -
this doesn't map to xchat-gnome at all. I guess I could switch back to
vanilla xchat, if push comes to shove.

Some people do seem to be working on a 'GNOME 3' branch of xchat-gnome
(check git), but I don't see anything towards messaging integration,
yet.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey