Re:

On Tuesday, 19 April, 2011 09:12 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I think though if you want a platform to improve then you need to also invest some time in it. I would suggest that Jordan and others who are interested in audio and video in Linux and improving that stack for desktops that they should attend conferences like Linux Plumbers Conference which tries to solve exactly these problems. He can speak to PulseAudio, ALSA and Jack communities for audio and work out the best solution that fits for everyone ditto for video. A forum exists to solve these problems and motivated people should take advantage of it. Especially enterprise sysadmins who want the platform to succeed.

sri
Good point there, sri. I agree. But Jordan may have a busy schedule according to the _applications_ he was using and may have a hard time going into the proper forums let alone searching and hunting the right people to get correct solutions and answers. Jordan knows. :) My advice is practical, though yours is mostly correct. My sysadmin work even prevented me from reading the design docs and often I am losing productivity by just reading the list. Sometimes, the real world is quite much different that we used to believe.

Regards,
Allan