Re:

Hi there jordan,

I believe that early releases (including the stable GNOME 3.0) does not fit in your setup as per your screenshots. As I am thinking through the reading of this list that those who tested GNOME Shell were mostly developers of this kind where video and audio are not relevant in their dev work where the rest were system admins, end users, office users etc. I think you need to wait for GNOME Shell to mature enough, as you said in your post, Enterprise Linux hardly will jump to GNOME Shell after even five years from now, and that because of your applications, you belong to that category. The sad truth is that I think you need also to wait for that time frame or wait for the "Fallback" to mature.

Regards,
Allan