Re: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.

----- Original Message -----
From: jordan <triplesquarednine gmail com>
To: gnome-shell-list gnome org
Sent: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:15:14 +0800 (PHT)
Subject: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.

1. Graphic Design/animation/video processing

the applications i tend to use;

a. Autodesk Maya - for those of you not familar, it is the
professional animation suite used as the industry standard. think
Pixar, Dreamworks, etc.
b. Cinepaint - fork of Gimp, geared at Photography and film. Cinepaint
supports a number of features and formats that gimp cannot.
c. Mypaint - digital painting.
d. Cinelerra-monty - a fork of cinelerra, a video editing suite. But
monty supports 1080p and some other handy new features too
e. Processing - an interactive programming environment geared at
designers and digital artists.
:( I am thought earlier that Shell is stable even at early releases compared to KDE 4.0. Also I am disappointed we do not have equivalents of Illustrator or CorelDraw in Linux. In addition to your complain, lastly I tested Inkscape in GNOME Shell and it will add too many artifacts in the ruler portion leaving with a horrible interface to work with.