How do I utilize the new application menu?

Hi all,

First of all, congrats on the 3.0 release. I've been using the new
Shell on my netbook for a few weeks now and I just absolutely love it.
Excellent work, everybody.

So, I see that in the top bar, if you click on the application name,
you get a menu that only contains "Quit". As an application developer,
what do I have to do to add items to this menu? I'm not sure what this
menu is named so I'm having a bit of difficulty googling for docs
about it.

Also, for that matter, is there a way to add entries to the
right-click menu in the Dash?

Thanks.

--
http://exolucere.ca