Re: How do I utilize the new application menu?

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Robert Park <rbpark exolucere ca> wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, congrats on the 3.0 release. I've been using the new
Shell on my netbook for a few weeks now and I just absolutely love it.
Excellent work, everybody.

So, I see that in the top bar, if you click on the application name,
you get a menu that only contains "Quit". As an application developer,
what do I have to do to add items to this menu? I'm not sure what this
menu is named so I'm having a bit of difficulty googling for docs
about it

Right now, it's not hooked up. There's a bit of controversy over what to display and how, but I believe the actions in GApplication support is what's going to power it:

  http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/application.html

Also, for that matter, is there a way to add entries to the
right-click menu in the Dash?

Right now? No. I believe there is a jumplist-like feature planned, but I'm not sure if the application will have any control over what's displayed.

Thanks.

--
http://exolucere.ca