Re: Dock extension

Hi!

Den 3 september 2010 16:50 skrev Colin Walters <walters verbum org>:
Hi Tor-björn,

2010/8/26 Tor-björn Claesson <tclaesson gmail com>:
> Hi!
>
> I have written a dock style task switcher for the shell. Hoping that it be
> useful to someone or show that writing extensions for the shell is really
> easy, it can be downloaded here:
> http://torb.blogspot.com/2010/08/dock-extension-for-gnome-shell.html

I haven't had a chance to try it, but I'm curious if you had any
feedback about the extension system or shell code?  Is there anything
in particular that you found problematic while writing an extension
like this?

The shell sources are easy to read and people on the IRC channel were helpful when I had questions.

One thing I think would help newbies like myself is a FAQ document similar to the one pygtk has (http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=index). I would be willing to help moderate such a document.

I have also been wondering about the best way to make an extension translateable.

Thanks for the great job you and all the other developers are doing!

/Tor-björn