Drag and drop on launchers

Hi all!

I keep a few custom launchers around to open various kinds of clear
text data files produced by scientific applications, perhaps with some
extra scripted pre-processing. The data files do not have any
particular file ending or anything else that allows the system to
figure out that I want to open them in a particular program so I do
not associate the text file the launcher, but just drag and drop it.

This works ok in Gnome 2, but I just realised it is currently not
possible (or is it?) in Gnome Shell to drag and drop a file, either
from the workspace onto a launcher in "Activities" or from "Recent
items" onto the application launcher. It is however possible to drag a
recent item and drop it on an already opened window to open the file.
Is more extensive drag-and-drop planned to be implemented in GS?

/Andreas

--
Do you want to tell me a secret? My Public key can be downloaded from
the link below to ease encrypted private conversation using a desktop

Vill du berätta en hemlighet? Min krypteringsnyckel kan laddas ner
från länken nedan och användas till krypterad konversation med ett
vanligt epost-program.

https://keyserver2.pgp.com/vkd/SubmitSearch.event?SearchCriteria=andreas.wallberg%40gmail.com&EmailOrName=2&SearchType=0