Re: Gnome objectives

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 06:56 +0800, Allan E. Registos wrote:
> I agree. Fedora 14's jhbuild failed on many steps. Since I am not a
> developer, nor have time to search for fixes, I am only waiting. I
> agree that users must have a window of the current development in
> order to have a proper opinion or feedback. As I think that feedback
> from _desktop users_ (non-developers) is very important to developers.

If you just want a platform to test current GNOME Shell you can try
bumping to current Fedora Rawhide. It's obviously bumpy and I wouldn't
recommend it for your main install unless you're pretty adventurous
(that's how I'm using it, but do as I say not as I do :>) but it's at a
point where you can update from F14 to it without too much trouble and
it basically works, for some at least (for me there's some kind of
driver bug stopping Shell working, but that doesn't seem to affect most
Rawhide users).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey