Re: Gnome objectives

Hello,

>The task bar doesn't exist. Anyway, take a look at the overview-relayout
>branch to get an impression on how the overview mode will look in the
>final GNOME Shell.

I will try to keep an open eye of the development. Jhbuild build on Fedora 14 failed, so I am forced to install the distro's GNOME Shell preview package.

>Let's be honest, we tried to copy the MS Windows experience for ten
>years now without getting any real market share.

The copying is inevitable. If you mean desktop market, then:
I believe the real reason desktop Linux/ have no significant market share is not due to DE, but of applications.

Cheers,
Allan