Non-persisting notifications from CLI

Hello,

I wrote a simple script to notify me when CLI commands end [1]. The idea
is that the popup should show for a while and then disappear--nothing
will go wrong if I miss it.

Under GNOME2 it works quite well--the popup shows for a while and then
disappears. But in gnome-shell after disappearing it still persists in
the message tray.

The popup is now displayed using `notify-send` command:

#v+
notify-send --urgency=low --expire-time 1500 "ZSH" "cmd took ... secs"
#v-

It seems that it is now impossible to make a non-persisting notification
this way. Do you know any other ways?

Thanks,

Tomasz Melcer

[1] http://liori.jogger.pl/2010/10/31/