Re: Compiz and complexity

Hi!

Am Sonntag, den 30.05.2010, 15:43 +0200 schrieb Frederik Nnaji:
> well, true, every other distro based on GNOME has Metacity+Compiz
> +GNOME Panel etc..

well, either compiz or metacity as both are not possible ;) I think that
was what Florian meant.

> my point was, Ubuntu is upgrading GNOME with libindicator and
> notify-osd, while GNOME itself is moving to an entirely new paradigm.
> Or is the manpower involved with Shell not needet for the further
> development of legacy GNOME?

Well, there is not really a plan for further development of legacy GNOME
other than bug-fixing and getting rid of bonobo (which has been done
already). And well, legacy GNOME involves only gnome-panel and metacity.
And metacity is super stable and slowly moving but still will be a
perfect window-manager for a long time.

Regards,
Johannes