An intention note

Hi,

I am sorry to ask this question only now, but I was in a huge discussion about GnomeShell, and I discovered that many people, including me, haven't got a clear vision of the Gnome3 final objectives neither the ways to achieve them. Everybody is agree to say that is a complete rewriting of the interface, but nobody knows in which direction.

The two documents, that we have found, provide a list of research points, and a few questions to ask, but they don't give a clear vision of the objectives.

A simple intention note, in few lines, may help us to easily understand the main goals. We need a quickly description of the objectives, the main principals and some technical means to achieve them.

I think,that it can be useful that everybody work in the same way.
Most of the questions, propositions, comments, and open bugs can be avoid if everybody clearly understand the project.

I think also it is necessary to have a wiki page which enumerate all design stuff with states (implemented, spec frozen, proposal finalization , brainstorming/mockup...).

If the documents already exist, a simpler access will be appreciate, everyone should read them before testing Gnome-Shell.
Many people (including me) want to make gnome-shell better and it would be more efficient for us to focus on the right way from the start.

The two links:
http://people.gnome.org/~mccann/shell/design/GNOME_Shell-20091114.pdf
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/UsabilityTesting/PhaseI

Kind Regards