Re: An intention note

Hi Kao

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 13:57, Kao Chen <kaochen2 gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I am sorry to ask this question only now, but I was in a huge discussion about GnomeShell, and I discovered that many people, including me, haven't got a clear vision of the Gnome3 final objectives neither the ways to achieve them. Everybody is agree to say that is a complete rewriting of the interface, but nobody knows in which direction.

The two documents, that we have found, provide a list of research points, and a few questions to ask, but they don't give a clear vision of the objectives.

A simple intention note, in few lines, may help us to easily understand the main goals. We need a quickly description of the objectives, the main principals and some technical means to achieve them.

I think they are already working on this. The core devs already explained in an other thread that they are trying to do their best to keep us informed, and eventually design one central place, we can all go to for information on Roadmaps etc.