Re: A task panel

Le mardi 18 mai 2010 à 10:47 +0000, jhs jsschmid de a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> > Now that may be a good way to introduce the user to the alt-tab interface.
> > Tough some might not like this a whole lot since it resembles having a
> > taskbar.
>
> I like it! Probably the best replacement for a taskbar I have seen (as it
> is no real taskbar to just a clever way to pop up the alt-tab interface).
>
> I would probably give a try on patching this if there is some feedback
> from the design team.
I like the idea of having a taskbar too, at least an optional one, and
it would be useful to test how users feel with and without it.

But I don't think abusing the clock for that purpose is a good idea at
all. If you write an extension to do this, please use e.g. the
bottom-left corner, which is a much more sensible place for this kind of
thing, symmetrical to the message bar in the bottom-right corner.

If you want feedback from designers, best is to ping mccann on
#gnome-shell.

Regards